- Developing the skills and knowledge of individuals
and organizations through:
team facilitation, and
of program startups and complex policy deployments.
leadership of process-focused quality improvement efforts.
- Change agent* for The Boeing Company, eleven years. Coached managers and executives on organization dynamics,
strategic planning, quality improvement, and employee performance.
Also mediated employee conflicts and conducted workshops
for organizations undergoing change.
- Program manager and joint venture representative
for a national healthcare corporation, one and a half years.
Returned a 20% return on investment within two months of opening the new unit.
- Part-time instructor in corporate and academic settings, ten years.
Ranked by attendees as the best of all twenty instructors.
- Marriage and family therapist in private practice, fifteen years (licensed in both California and Washington).
and modified several classic cars. Tasks included
parts design and fabrication (both in metal and fiberglass),
mechanical assembly, body work, and painting.
- Provided competition driver's training
for Chrysler Corporation (Neon ACR Racing program), and
won regional class championships three years in a row (autocrossing).
- Served on the Board of Directors of the Pacific Northwest
Region of the Porsche Club of America.
- Wrote and published a styling analysis of the first
generation Mazda RX-7.
- Belonged to various car clubs,
subscribed to auto enthusiast magazines, and attended car
shows for over forty years.
Community, State, and National Service
- Chosen Citizen-on-the-Year in 1982 for community service to the people of Kent, WA.
- After several years of championing legislation to regulate the practice of counseling/psychotherapy, was issued marriage and family therapist certification number 0000001 by the State of Washington when the new law was enacted.
- Commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant in the US Army Reserve; served as an instructor and unit training officer.
- Ph.D. in psychology (human
systems emphasis), 1978.
internship in marriage and family therapy, 1973-76.
- B.A. in adult education (learning theory emphasis), 1973.